summer concert series '11

Being the music buff that I am, I have complied my concert list for this upcoming summer. I'm not a fan of going to a ton of shitty shows for a cheap price, rather seeing a few great concerts (that are regrettably more expensive) and getting my bang for my buck.


June 8th, 2011: Panic! At the Disco, Riviera Theatre
I am not the hugest fan of emo/alternative rock, but my boyfriend, Brian, loves all those So/Cal Punk bands (a former somewhat emo kid himself) plus, Panic brings me back to my youngin days of middle school when I used to blare "Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" in the darkness of my basement, before I was allowed to have my own computer on Rhapsody. I really hope they play the entire "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" album so I can shamelessly sing away at every lyric.


July 8-10th, 2011: DMB CARAVAN, Grant Park
God. I cannot even put into words how sick this lineup is. Obviously, Dave is the highlight of the entire concert. Easily one of my top 3 favorite bands of all time...honestly surreal. They'll be performing 3 full sets every night, along with The Flaming Lips doing Dark Side of the Moon, Kid Cudi, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Ben Folds, OAR, Ray Lamontage and The Wailers. Prepare for Chicago Woodstock.



August 5-7th, 2011: Lollapalooza, Grant Park
As if I didn't already think it was kickass that one of my favorite bands was coming to Chicago, COLDPLAY is announced to play at Lolla! I am far to poor at this point to pay for a 3 day pass, but I am planning to purchase a 1 day tickets to see Coldplay. The last time they were in Chicago at the United Center, I had a show choir retreat and had to miss out :( Coldplay is also very nostalgic for me because all of my best friends from high school all equally love them, and its what we all enjoy listening to on warm summer nights or cozy winter days. 


until another day...
akp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shit, my friends now know about my blog.

Organics and Bitches: My life at Whole Foods

The Most Historic Weekend of My Life